I don't think I realized this Trina Turk dress featured lace cutouts on the sides when I bought it. I got such a good deal on the dress (on Rue La La) that I didn't look too closely at the details. But even though I feel a little "exposed," the dress is still exquisite and professional enough to wear to the office. Plus, there's always room for another LBD in my closet.
Dress: Trina Trina Turk Philo Lace Sheath Dress in Black
The dress also comes in a vivid pink (called guava), and both colors are still in stock at Saks Off 5th.
Sandals: Jimmy Choo Lottie Metallic Leopard Print Sandals
In other news...
Work has been so stressful lately that I find myself looking forward to ordinary, everyday occurrences:
- My morning run on the treadmill, when I can lose myself in a good show. (I just finished Season 4 of Grace and Frankie. I love this Neflix series and hope my sisters and I can be like Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin when we grow up!)
- My afternoon walk with the boys. If I have time, I try to go home to walk Norman and Wally during my "lunch break". I so enjoy the fresh air and seeing my boys amidst a hectic day. I live just eight minutes from the office, so it's easy to run home if I have a free 30 minutes.
- A glass of wine and a good meal with the hubby in front of the TV. I'm so tired when I come home, I just like to relax. We are getting into some new shows, like Counterpart on Starz.
- Baking. I love measuring out ingredients and putting them all together to create something delicious. Although my recent attempt to create my own caramel brownie recipe failed miserably, I plan to try again soon.
- Writing this blog and photographing my outfits. I've been updating this blog on and off for about eight years now. That's a lot of dresses!