Today is a special day for Back to the Future fans: the day Marty traveled to the "future" in the second film. Yes, it's finally October 21, 2015. While we don't have flying cars, and barely use fax machines anymore, the movie did get some predictions right: video teleconferencing, thumb print security (I use it everyday on my phone) and 3-D movies, to name a few.
I'm excited to celebrate by watching the movie tonight, wearing my Enchantment Under the Sea Dance t-shirt, and with my Marty McFly and Doc Brown Funko Pop figurines by my side.
This movie is truly special, and there is a reason so many people are celebrating Back to the Future Day today... me included.
And for those who don't know... Michael J. Fox was my first crush. I still hope to meet him one day!
Some of my favorite links/stories in honor of Back to the Future Day:
- E! News coverage of the Back to the Future Day event with M.J.F. and others.
- Jaws 19 "Fake" Trailer: Remember the movie shark that "attacks" Marty in 2015?
- Doc Brown's message to fans.
- Biff Tannen's tyrant in Back to the Future Part II is actually based on Donald Trump.
- Toyota's Back to the Future reunion commercial (very self-promotional, but cute).
- From People.com: How the World Celebrated Back to the Future Day