Dress: BCBGMaxAzria Ruffled Eyelet Dress in Dare Bare Pink
The dress is available on the BCBG.com website as well as Macy's and Bloomingdale's.
The dress is a little tight fitting, so size up to be safe. I'm wearing a size 2 for reference.
Shoes: Jimmy Choo Alissa Platform Wedges in Blush and Gold
The shoes also come in Cork and Black! These shoes are super comfortable, and while the shades of pink don't match up exactly, I think they go really well with this dress.
So what did you do this weekend? Like most people, my husband and I just stayed home. I didn't leave the house all weekend. Highlights include:
- Starting a new season of Top Chef. Chapin and I are currently on Season 10 and making our way through all of the seasons available on Hulu.
- Watching The Kissing Booth 2 on Netflix. I think these movies are frothy good fun. They've gotten a lot of criticism, but I don't take them seriously at all.
- Reading Karma Brown's Recipe for a Perfect Wife. I just love it so far! It takes place today and in the 1950s, going back and forth between two women who lived in the same house in these different time periods.
- Hosting my parents for Sunday lunch. Wearing masks and trying to socially distance, Chapin and I had my parents over to our new house for the first time on Sunday. Chapin made pizza in his new Ooni pizza oven and I baked chocolate chip cookies. These cookies came out really well, and I wonder if refrigerating the dough overnight was the key to their success. Hmmm....
- Working: I feel like I can't escape from work even when I am home on the weekends. I check my email now more than I ever did pre-COVID.
Some days I feel like I'm stuck in Groundhog Day, repeating the same day over and over, but I'm glad to have my family and friends, my three dogs, my work, and this blog and my outfits to help remind me that every day is a new day worth living. Sometimes looking forward to something as simple as wearing a new dress makes it a little easier to get out of bed in the morning.