I surprised Chapin with catered food from Figs & Honey Catering, a local Atlanta caterer. I tried to pick items I thought he and the rest of our guests would enjoy. The menu included:
- Biscuit Sliders with Oven-Roasted Turkey, Fig Preserves, Brie and Basil
- Crostini with Hummus, Caramelized Onions, Feta Cheese and Black Olives
- Crostini with Roasted Fig, Serrano Peppers and Goat Cheese
- Smoked Duck Quesadillas
- Basil and Ricotta Baby Potatoes
- BBQ Pork Sliders with Whole Seed Mustard Coleslaw
- Crab Cakes with Roasted Red Pepper Aioli
People commented all night about how much they liked the food, so I think it was a hit. I highly recommend Figs & Honey Catering if you're looking for a caterer in Atlanta.
|It's hard to believe this handsome guy is 40!|
I wanted to do something big for dessert, so I ordered a beautiful cake from a Norcross bakery called For Goodness Cakes. I wanted to make it unique to Chapin, so the cake included two layers of his favorite flavors: the bottom layer was chocolate with peanut butter mouse, and the top layer was cookies and cream.
The outside was also customized for Chapin, with images of some of his favorite things (pugs, Star Wars, and Auburn). The cake was delicious, and definitely a worth a cheat day for me.
I wore a Halston Heritage Abstract Orchid-Print Fit and Flare Dress for the happy occasion. You can still buy it at Saks Off 5th, or in black and pink at Amazon.