|With my sisters: Thanksgiving Day 2011|
Chapin and I rotate holidays between our respective families, and for 2011, we were due to spend Thanksgiving in Georgia with my family, and Christmas in Alabama with his family. My sisters and sister-in-law try to stay on the same schedule so we can all be together, and this year was no exception.
The Thanksgiving Day started out very nicely... an opportunity to sleep in! I got a quick workout in (thank you, Jillian Michaels), and then we headed over to The Pie Shop to pick up the pies we ordered for dessert.
|With my handsome hubby|
The Pie Shop was doing a limited menu for the holiday week, so we decided on Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie and Chocolate Ganache Pie. My family is chock full of chocolate lovers (especially my dad), so we knew that both choices would go over well with the group. (We were right.) Although the pies are pricey (around $30 each), they were certainly delicious. What a treat!
|The Dessert Table!|
As for my dress that day, because I had to wear a dress, I decided on this beautiful Nanette Lepore In Disguise dress in Raspberry. I love the color! I also think the photo above with my sisters is one of the best of us ever. Thank you, Rich, for being the day's photographer. He even got this great shot of George enjoying the sun in front of my parents' front door:
|George enjoying the sun|
- I have a wonderful husband who loves me and who always puts my needs ahead of his own.
- My son, George, has tied with Chapin for the love of my life... to be loved by a pug is a wonderful thing.
- I have healthy parents and siblings who are all happy and content in their lives.
- I have a wonderful extended family, especially my husband's family, who treats me like I am their own daughter/ sister.
- I have a good job, where I am leading a full team and helping decide on the direction of my own business. It's amazing to go home each day and know I have accomplished something significant!
- I have good friends who I know will be there for me when I need them.
- I have had opportunities to travel and to expand my education, and I definitely feel fulfilled
Happy Thanksgiving - We should give thanks not just once a year, but everyday.