Chapin and I had so much going on this weekend that I feel like we barely had any time to relax. I was very happy to sit at home last night and watch the Oscars. I love rating the fashions coming down the Red Carpet. If you're interested, my favorites from the Red Carpet included:
1. Gwyneth Paltrow in Calvin Klein Collection
2. Halle Berry in Marchesa
3. Michelle Williams in Chanel Haute Couture
4. Hillary Swank in Gucci Premiere
5. Anne Hathaway in Tom Ford (her last costume change during the show)
I also loved Amy Adams in L'Wren Scott, but I didn't like the heavy necklace on top of the heavy dress. Her hair was divine, though. My favorite hair style of the night was definitely the soft waves. I wish I could get my hair to do that!
Who didn't make my list?
- I liked every aspect of Cate Blanchet's Givenchy dress except for that weird middle part. The detail was amazing, but I kept thinking something was going to jump out of her chest. Yep, that's gross. Others disagree and are putting her on the Best Dressed list.
- Reese Witherspoon, with her 60s style hair and black and white Giorgio Armani Privé dress, was a complete snooze, and looked way too much like Julia Roberts at the 2001 Oscars. Apparently I'm not the only one who thinks so.
- I usually have such high expectations for Nicole Kidman, but she failed to impress in her white Dior Haute Couture gown.
As for me, back in real life...
Since I'm pretty light on meetings today, I dressed casually in this black dress from Tahari. I've had this dress since 2008, and it is so comfortable! Tahari is a great brand for chic work clothes. I love their suits and dresses. You can always find something from the brand on sale at stores like Macy's, where I actually purchased this dress.
The weather today required something floaty like this dress, too -- it's incredibly windy out, and we are expecting thunderstorms and maybe even tornadoes later today. I keep hearing, "It's a twister! It's a twister!" over and over in my head, like in The Wizard of Oz.
The shoes, the Frye Margot Studded Flats in black, are also incredibly comfortable. You can still get them in white or yellow over at 6pm.com, one of my favorite discount shoe sites.
Even with the weather, I've had a good day so far. I got to bring George with me to the office for a little while this morning, and then we met Chapin for lunch at Schlotsky's Deli. I love those turkey sandwiches!